Saturday, May 28, 2011

I Like Lemonade....She Likes Jars

I like lemonade and she likes jars. There, I said it. Goofy? Maybe, but this thought makes me happy....very happy.

As I sit here on the eve of turning another year older, it dawned on me that being happy is a good place to be. To some, this realization might seem silly. Others might know exactly what I'm talking about.

A lot things make me happy; a nice sunny day, a good book, a nice suit and some great 40s music. One piece of happiness that's able to tie all this together is my PeRP.

I met the PeRP almost 4 months ago by accident. Not a literal accident, but one of those uncanny events that seem to suddenly change your life for the better. We had never met, but happened to be out with the same group of people for a night of $0.75 tacos. As fate would have it, there was an empty chair next to her, so I asked if I could sit down. Her response was less than enthusiastic, but I did not let that deter my quest for the perfect taco.

Now keep in mind, I was in a good spot in my life and wasn't looking for someone to share it with. I'm quite an independent person and I'm known to be rather hardheaded...both not good for positive relationship building. The PeRP caught me completely off guard. Her wit, her beauty, her charm and her intelligence were all things that I noticed from the beginning. After an evening of sharing pecan swirl stories, not to mention a couple of tacos, I adjourned back to my abode for a relaxing evening watching another re-run of American Pickers. I had a good time chatting with the PeRP, and wondered about our next meeting and when that would be.

Much to my surprise the next morning, I received an email from her...an innocent email, simply thanking me for the conversation the evening before. Little did she know at the time, but she beat me to the draw! I had every intention on writing her to share my thanks for brilliant conversation, but alas, she was faster with the pen...or in this case the keyboard. After a couple of emails, I asked her to dinner and rest is history.

How is she like a sunny day, a good book, a nice suit or great 40s music? It's simple....the PeRP understands me and all my little quirks. She is the embodiment of all that makes me happy. When I'm with her, I simply can't contain my joy. I do, after all, like lemonade...and she certainly likes jars.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew "Platitude City" could be so amazing! I wonder if the vendors there sell lemonade???

    ReplyDelete